[vtk-developers] Pentagonal prism bug resolved!

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 14:27:34 EDT 2015

Brings back memories of my finite element days, 1968-1978, at
Watervliet Arsenal. At that time we worked with NASTRAN and we added a
few elements for crack tip analysis....

Pu, S. L., M. A. Hussain, and W. E. Lorensen, The Collapsed Cubic
Isoparametric Element as a Singular Element for Crack Problems,
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 12,
no. 11, pp. 1727-1742, 1978.

Hussain, M. A. and W. E. Lorensen, Isoparametric Elements as Singular
Elements for Crack Problems, AR-LCB-TR-77041, Benet Weapons
Laboratory, Watervliet, NY, November 1977.

Hussain, M. A.; Pu, S. L.; Lorensen, W. E., Singular Plastic Element:
NASTRAN Implementation and Application, Sixth NASTRAN Users' Colloq.,
pp. 257-274, October, 1977, (NASA CP-2018).

Pu, S. L., M. A. Hussain, and W. E. Lorensen, Collapsed 12-Node
Triangular Elements as Crack Tip Elements for Elastic Fracture,
ARLCB-TR-77047, Watervliet Arsenal, Watervliet, NY, December 1977.

Lorensen, W. E. and M. A. Hussain, "The Stability of Isoparametric
Elements as a Singular Element for Crack Problems," in Developments in
Mechanics, ed. T. C. T. Ting, 1977.

Pu, S. L., M. A. Hussain, and W. E. Lorensen, The Collapsed Cubic
Isoparametric Element as a Singular Element for Crack Problems,
AR-LCB-TR77047, Watervliet Arsenal, 1977.

Hussain, M. A., W. E. Lorensen, and G. Pflegl, The Quarter-Point
Quadratic Isoparametric Element as A Singular Element for Crack
Problems, TM-X-3428, p. 419, NASA, 1976.