[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] Removing support for VS 8 and GCC < 4.1

Casey Goodlett casey.goodlett at kitware.com
Wed Jun 10 12:10:01 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 11:47 AM, David Cole via vtk-developers <
vtk-developers at vtk.org> wrote:

> As to Casey's pain, I'm curious whether it's a hobby project, or a
> real live academic/business/government project. Whatever it is, I know
> I personally don't want software built by VS 2005 on my 2015 machine.
> Surprised that anybody else does either. (Having said that, I probably
> already do have software like that installed and don't even know

To be clear I'm not asking for support for this version.  Just humbly
requesting an obvious warning or error since in this case we know exactly
the compiler versions we're dropping.

AFAIK official python binaries are still built with VS 2008 which is not
that different (one iteration).  I find those binaries quite handy :-)

--
Casey