[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] Removing support for VS 8 and GCC < 4.1

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 11:40:07 EDT 2015

I think both an official list of supported compilers, and an official
list of "known problems with" compilers, perhaps even explicitly
encoded into the CMakeLists.txt file, would be a fantastic addition to
VTK.

You still ought to be able to TRY to compile it with any compiler you
want. After all, you may have a fork on github (or wherever) that
maintains active support of your own on the side....

But having official lists of both known supported compilers and known
problem compilers would be an excellent resource to have.