[vtk-developers] Optimization of vtkClipDataSet and vtkProbeFilter for large data?

Dr. Miroslav Sejna m.sejna at pc-progress.com
Wed Jun 3 08:27:17 EDT 2015

John,

this is interesting, thank you. When I was searching for a solution, I noticed several your discussions (e.g. "Useless triangulation in unstructured grid rendering") but did not find vtkSPHProbeFilter. I will have a look at it.

My solution already works fine for PointData (not yet for CellData) and seems to be sufficient for now. I also believe that it is an universal solution for all filters that internally use "vtkDataArray::InterpolateTuple" (i.e. vtkClipDataSet and vtkProbeFilter, but there is more such filters). However, it is too early to make any conclusions - I will need more time for thorough testing.

Thanks Mirek