[vtk-developers] C++ unit tests

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:25:55 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I've always enjoyed using the python unit testing framework in "vtk.test".
It's been brought up on the list before, but it would be nice if VTK
included a unit test framework for C++, as well.

For my work projects, I've been using a unit test header that I wrote a
year and a half ago:
https://github.com/dgobbi/UnitTest/blob/master/UnitTest.h

It's a single header file that provides a collection of macros for building
unit tests, it's meant to be innocuous and easy to use.  It could go into
VTK as Testing/Core/vtkUnitTest.h and people could use it at their leisure.

Any thoughts?

 - David