[vtk-developers] Delayed mouse interaction due to event-loop bug in Qt5

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Jul 13 15:00:56 EDT 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 14:59:51 +0100, Christoph Kolb wrote:
> I am not sure if the Qt5 bug is ever going to be fixed, because the
> report (and patch) is very old. It could even be intentional...
> In the worst case, it might be necessary to compress the events in VTK.
> Or to prioritize them somehow.
>
> But I'm still very curious why this issue is showing only on some
> machines. Is it possible that the rendering is just slower in my case?
> I have compared my test execution times with those of
> https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3711375
> and they seem to be equal. Is the described problem also showing there?

I'm chasing this down for ParaView currently. Looks like Qt has merged a
related fix:

    https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/112967

Other related patches (these seems more relevant):

    https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/108275/
    https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/115531/

I'll do a check of ParaView against 5.5 to see if it fixes the problem
(with and without these patches).

Thanks,

--Ben