[vtk-developers] Ready to branch for 6.3?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Jul 8 13:12:36 EDT 2015

On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 14:58:27 -0400, Ben Boeckel said:

>Does anyone out that have work in progress that we should delay the
>release branch point for?
>
>We are hoping to get 6.3 started by the end of the week.

We've just today noticed a serious performance regression in our app that seems to have been caused by something between VTK 6.2 and 20e54ae5e893e38a19d81701b6df92ab8ab17c8b (2015-04-21).  I'm looking into this today...

Also, I'd like to get this into 6.3:
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/seanm/vtk/commit/282957474a0db1862cdebbc3e3179eaf8aa82f38>

Considering the plan to start requiring newer OS/compilers, it would be good start by documenting current requirements, IMHO.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com