[vtk-developers] Failing test rendering problem

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Jul 2 11:28:37 EDT 2015

> You may notice from git blame, those comments were added only
> recently, in October 2014 in commit e136e01e...
>
> I didn't even know when I did that commit that there was a python
> equivalent to vtkTesting.cxx. I wonder why vtkTesting.cxx isn't simply
> wrapped and used directly from python...?

Python's unittest.TestCase framework is handy, familiar to Python users, and breaks things into chunks that make running from an interpreter easier than the traditional tests (since you can import a test module, create the test instance, run setup, and manually run a test then tweak things from the interpreter after the test has run).

I do not oppose wrapping vtkTesting, but do oppose banishing the vtk.test.vtkTest class.

	David