[vtk-developers] Failing test rendering problem

Joachim Pouderoux joachim.pouderoux at kitware.com
Thu Jul 2 10:45:39 EDT 2015

David,

We discovered that interesting comment in vtkTesting.cxx (line 775):

    // Typically, the image testing is done using the back buffer
    // to avoid accidentally capturing overlapping window artifacts
    // in the image when using the front buffer. However, some graphics
    // drivers do not have up to date contents in the back buffer,
    // causing "failed" tests even though, upon visual inspection, the
    // front buffer looks perfectly valid... So:
    //
    // If the test failed using the back buffer, re-test using the
    // front buffer. This way, more tests pass on dashboards run with
    // the Intel HD built-in graphics drivers.

We gonna change Testing.py to do the same - question: why this has never
been done? :)

J.

*Joachim Pouderoux*

*PhD, Technical Expert*