[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] VTK Roadmap

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Jul 2 09:20:44 EDT 2015

I agree with David. This is currently the best path for scene graph style
use, especially combined with the OpenGL2 backend. This will be available
in VTK 6.3 and VTK 7 but continues to evolve. So please let us know if you
run into issues, performance or otherwise.

We also discussed developing a full-featured scene graph actor but it was
not a high priority. VTK's major use cases center around a few large
geometry objects or a large number of small objects that have related
properties coming from a point/cell array (molecules, tensors etc.)
However, we will continue to add more scene graph style capabilities to
multi-block rendering. Probably including transform support per block,
inheritance of properties from an upper node etc.

Best,
-berk