[vtk-developers] 22 new failing GPU tests on OpenGL2 dashboard

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Jan 29 16:01:01 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 14:48:00 -0500, Ken Martin wrote:
> " I must admit, I'm a little bit disappointed that some of the commits
> in what was merged to VTK master don't even compile... I would hope we
> could be a bit less sloppy, and hold ourselves to a higher standard.
> Rushing something in before it's ready for prime time serves no one."
>
> I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying in this
> case code was merged into master that did not compile? Or are you saying
> that someone did multiple commits, some of which did not compile, but they
> were not pushed or merged until it did compile?

FWIW, I have a script I use to ensure this for long-lived branches:

=======
#!/bin/sh

base="${1:-master}"
shift

GIT_EDITOR="sed -i -e '/^pick/p;/^pick/cexec ./build.sh'"
export GIT_EDITOR

exec git rebase -i "$( git merge-base HEAD "$base" )"
=======

A 'build.sh' script (provided by you) is run after each commit and stops
on any commit which fails to build.

--Ben