[vtk-developers] 22 new failing GPU tests on OpenGL2 dashboard

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 14:59:30 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Ken Martin <ken.martin at kitware.com> wrote:
> " I must admit, I'm a little bit disappointed that some of the commits
> in what was merged to VTK master don't even compile... I would hope we
> could be a bit less sloppy, and hold ourselves to a higher standard.
> Rushing something in before it's ready for prime time serves no one."
>
> I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying in this
> case code was merged into master that did not compile? Or are you saying
> that someone did multiple commits, some of which did not compile, but they
> were not pushed or merged until it did compile?

Multiple commits, merged all at once, some of the intermediate commits
did not compile. It just made it so git bisect could not narrow it
down to a single commit.

Don't worry, I'm just whining because it's Thursday, and I haven't
gotten enough done this week yet... Hopefully the info I provided will
help Aashish to figure out what change caused the problem here and
actually lead us to a fix.

Thx,