[vtk-developers] Attributing VTK in a commercial app

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Wed Jan 14 12:39:38 EST 2015

I know closed-source commercial apps are quite passé in this crowd,
but ... say we have such an application that uses VTK.

What are the requirements for selling/distributing this app? Is it
sufficient to mention in a file, and in our "About" dialog, that we
use VTK under the terms of the BSD license? Or is there more (or less)
to it than that?

By the way, searching for "vtk license" yields [this link][1], which
is now 7 years out of date. Is it the most up-to-date reference page
detailing VTK's license?

Thanks,
David C.

  [1]: http://www.vtk.org/VTK/project/license.html