[vtk-developers] Anti-aliasing / multi sampling in QVTKWidget2 ?

Kilgus, Thomas t.kilgus at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Jan 12 05:24:11 EST 2015

Dear List,

we recently switched from QVTKWidget to QVTKWidget2 and now by default anti-aliasing is disabled.

We managed to track the issue down with this VTK example:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Qt/RenderWindowUISingleInheritance

Just render the sphere in wireframe mode. If you run the example with a QVTKWidget, lines are smooth and with QVTKWidget2 they are stepped. SetMultiSamples(8) should do the job, but this does not have any effect (and is the default value).

Any ideas on this?

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Kilgus
German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
Div. Medical and Biological Informatics
Junior group: Computer-assisted Interventions (E131)
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280
69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49(0) 6221-42-3545