[vtk-developers] Getting ready for VTK's next release

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Jan 9 09:58:46 EST 2015

Hi,

We are hoping to make a VTK release soon, and would appreciate
feedback on anything you really want to get in before we do so. My
current target is the end of January, let me know if this presents any
particular issues for you.

Our coverage is still above 70% after our last hackathon, we closed a
number of bug reports, and there has been some great progress made in
a number of areas since our last release. Closer to the time we will
be asking for summaries of major changes in this release, so please
get thinking about that too.

The OpenGL2 backend is still considered experimental, OpenGL will
remain the default for this release. We would like to have more people
try the new rendering code out, and it is pretty easy to switch to
OpenGL2 during configuration.

Please try to finish off any larger features in the next week or so,
or consider delaying them until after we tag.

Thanks,

Marcus