[vtk-developers] Retrieving data from UnstructuredGrid

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 21:51:15 EST 2015

Hi,

     Using the sample data from VTKData as an example

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VTKFile type="UnstructuredGrid" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian"
compressor="vtkZLibDataCompressor">
   <UnstructuredGrid>
     <Piece NumberOfPoints="22" NumberOfCells="3">
       <PointData Scalars="scalars">
         <DataArray type="Float32" Name="scalars" format="ascii">
           1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
           1 1 1 0 0 0
           1 1 1 0 0 0
         </DataArray>
       </PointData>
       <CellData>
       </CellData>
       <Points>
         <DataArray type="Float32" NumberOfComponents="3" format="ascii">
           0 0 0

     I have written initial code to load the unstructured grid file.

     How should I go about extracting the PointData Scalars from the
unstructured grid ?

     Eventually, my *.vtu file will have velocity (vector), density
(scalar) and other additional PointData (file will be binary due to size)

     Which CXX example is helpful in understanding PointData extraction
from unstructured grid ?

Cheers

--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - Arnold, Alembic, RenderMan, OpenGL, HDF5