[vtk-developers] A note regarding: std::min and std::max.

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 00:21:55 EST 2015

For those of you using std::min and std::max in VTK.

Visual Studio 2013 requires the <algorithm> header.

I think (but don't quote me on this) that the older MSVC
compilers used to automatically include a MSVC specific
header called xutility where these were defined.
With respect to other compilers e.g. gcc, it is possible
that one of the other includes is adding the algorithm header in.

I have recently picked up two tests that failed in VS 2013 but were passing
in GCC, Clang and earlier versions of MSVC..

Would it be possible to set up one of the CDash machines to use VS2013? I
am not testing the parallel implementations so there could be problems
there that I haven't detected.

However if someone can walk me through setting up MPI on a laptop with
VS2013 Community Edition I would be glad to test the Parallel
implementations.

Regards
   Andrew
Andrew J. P. Maclean