[vtk-developers] Delayed mouse interaction due to event-loop bug in Qt5

Christoph Kolb c.kolb at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Sat Feb 21 14:45:27 EST 2015

Dear vtk developers,

when I am using the QVTKWidget in VTK 6.1 with Qt5, the mouse
interactions are severely delayed. I can reproduce this issue by
starting the SimpleView example and rotating the text.

I think that this might be caused by a bug in Qt5, where the mousemove
events are flooding the event queue:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-40889

However, other Linux distributions and Windows seem to be unnaffected by
this. I have only observed it with Archlinux (Qt 5.4.0) so far.
Does anyone else have this problem, or do you know what else i could check?

Thank you!

Regards
Christoph