[vtk-developers] announce: vtk 6.2.0 release candidate 1 is ready

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Feb 19 15:16:54 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>
wrote:

> How many release candidates are planned?  On what schedule?  Approx final
> release date?

Aiming for an rc each Monday. The number of rcs depends on the severity of
things that people find.

So far Ben and I have our eyes on three topics, none of which are severe.
Most likely those will fold into release tonight and become 6.2.0 final
come Monday. If something else turns up we'll do rc2 then instead and
reevaluate later next week.

Patch releases are not time consuming, so if something slips through we'll
do a patch release in a month or so.