[vtk-developers] CMP0020 warning in Tutorial Example 6... why?

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:25:52 EST 2015

When I build the examples in VTK why do I get a CMP0020 warning in
Examples/Tutorial/Step6/Cxx/CMakeLists.txt but not for any of the other
examples.
It would be easily fixed by adding:
if(POLICY CMP0020)
  cmake_policy(SET CMP0020 NEW)
endif()
to the CMakeLists.txt file. However I don't see why this particular example
needs it. It doesn't use QT and I don't see why the other examples don't
need this fix.

Can anyone provide some insight here?

I am building with CMake 3.1.3, QT5.4, OpenGL2 using MSVC 3013.

This warning occurs multiple times when building VTK:
------------------------------------
CMake Warning (dev) in Examples/Tutorial/Step6/Cxx/CMakeLists.txt:
  Policy CMP0020 is not set: Automatically link Qt executables to qtmain
  target on Windows.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0020" for policy details.
  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Thanks for any insight.

Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean