[vtk-developers] osmesa status

Geoff Wright gpwright at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 10:11:42 EST 2015

Hi Bill,

I don't think it is specifically OpenGL2.  I have been using OpenGL2 for 6
months and the test are all passing on OpenGL2 when I'm using a machine
with an Nvidia graphics card.  The problem happens when switching to OS
mesa.

The errors I'm seeing are single pixel or possibly subpixel offsets in the
image generated by OS-mesa vs images generated by a hardware backed
driver.  Is this a known issue with OS mesa?  I was wondering whether maybe
the tests are running by default with MSAA and its not supported on the OS
mesa back end.

Anyway I will most likely just add some physical machines in my office as
bamboo agents for the VTK test jobs.

Thanks,
Geoff