[vtk-developers] VTK dashboards master branch failures

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Mon Dec 21 12:51:25 EST 2015

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel at kitware.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 08:44:23 -0500, Aashish Chaudhary wrote:
> > Yes, sorry I was out for a conference. The megas has some driver issue as
> > told by Ben and therefore it runs fewer tests than any other dashboard
> > machine.
>
> Not really an 'issue' with the driver; Mesa with llvmpipe just doesn't
> support everything needed for raycasting (yet?). The only other failures
> are actual bugs which Ken is aware of (but are also ignored since they
> aren't on a list to be addressed sooner).

Ah, I see so this is related to Mesa issue that we (on paraview) were
discussing. Can you update your Mesa
to use the latest master (or 11.1 with patch from Utkarsh?) and see if we
can run all of the ray-casting tests again?

> > The test was only failing on megas but passing on all other
> > dashboards with similar configurations (OS). I was going to follow up
> with
> > Ben on this, so your help is appreciated here.
>
> Please ping me on these branches so that I can mark them this way
> *before* they land in master (I'm trying to make it so that a green
> dashboard is expected rather than having those one or two builds which
> are "oh, those always fail").

Sure, if you think we can solve this by upgrading to newer mesa, that would
be great, or else, I will ping you on the upcoming branches (one is coming
soon).

Thanks

--

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html