[vtk-developers] VTK Roadmap

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Aug 6 13:26:24 EDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 12:48:44 -0400, Berk Geveci wrote:
> One minor thing: do we have access to a more recent big endian system. It
> would be great to keep testing VTK on a big endian system.

We might be able to spin up a QEMU instance with a big-endian ARM setup:

    https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/7279/big-endian-distribution-for-the-raspberry-pi

With all the problems running on QEMU would entail, of course. Other
than that, there's a Debian build for MIPS in big-endian:

    https://www.debian.org/ports/mips/

Would have to find a MIPS machine though. Looks like Loongson might be a
way to go there:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loongson

--Ben