[vtk-developers] VTK Roadmap

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Aug 6 10:45:09 EDT 2015

On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 19:47:26 -0400, Ben Boeckel said:

>On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 11:30:56 -0400, Sean McBride wrote:
>>  - removing PowerPC support
>>  - removing Carbon support
>>  - removing OS X 10.5 support
>
>It seems we have one machine building against 10.5 right now for the
>superbuild (which builds Java binaries):

Rogue3 is also 10.5, but I disabled it the other day in anticipation of all this.  Could someone mark it unexpected BTW...

>    https://buildbot.kitware.com/builders/vtk-kamino-osx-shared-release
>%2Bosx10.5%2Bsuperbuild
>
>Looking at the output, it is targeting 10.6's SDK with 10.5 as a
>minimum. Sebastien, what should we bump this to? 10.6? Most other
>VTK-based projects are targeting 10.7 or higher.

I'm fine with dropping only 10.5 for now, as my list is already fairly long.  Once it's done, we can think about dropping 10.6 also.

>> I can also use clang-modernize to introduce nullptr usage, if that's
>> something we're ready to do in master now.  nullptr can be pretty
>> easily emulated on older compilers, like ITK does.
>
>nullptr is probably a good place to start. I assume it also does 0 ->
>nullptr replacements?

Yup:
<http://clang.llvm.org/extra/UseNullptrTransform.html>

Cheers,