[vtk-developers] VTK Roadmap

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Aug 5 11:30:56 EDT 2015

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:58:56 -0400, Berk Geveci said:

>So the idea is that we will do our best to support as much as possible
>a broad set of architectures and backwards compatibility but break things
>when necessary in VTK 7 and beyond.

On the OS X side, I'd like to propose:

 - removing PowerPC support
 - removing Carbon support
 - removing OS X 10.5 support
 - removing Apple-gcc 4.2 support
 - removing Xcode 3.x support

If there's consensus, I volunteer to gut the relevant stuff.

I can also use clang-modernize to introduce nullptr usage, if that's something we're ready to do in master now.  nullptr can be pretty easily emulated on older compilers, like ITK does.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com