[vtk-developers] getting your topics into the release

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Aug 4 15:53:55 EDT 2015

Howdy,

Ben set up milestones in gitlab. For example:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/milestones/1

Let's use them to flag the specific things we want included in the upcoming
release. To do that, navigate to a merge request that you care about, use
the Select milestone drop down to pick a target release.

For code to make it into the upcoming release it should be:
1) based off of the release branch (or older) then it will merge cleanly
into both the master and release branches. Otherwise we have to cherry-pick
it so that when we merge it to release it doesn't come with other commits
(like the one where we changed the version number for example).
2) tested in buildbot and merged into master

thanks!

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer