[vtk-developers] GSoC 2015 Project - CAD Model and Simulation Spline Visualization

Lin M majcjc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:29:47 EDT 2015

Hi all,

My name is Lin, a master student in SIAT, Chinese Academy of Science. I'm
now visiting the HMS lab at UPenn. It's my honor to take part in the
VTK/GSoC this year. I'll give some brief descriptions about this project.

This project aims at adding a few extensions to the VTK library to support
spline curve- and surface-based visualizations. In this project, we will
focus on rational Bézier patches which are parametric surfaces generated
from the Cartesian product of two Bézier curves. Supporting this
widely-used parametric representation will give VTK the ability to
visualize meshes and simulations processed from CAD models. Here is the link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b8OHxb49jpx2qH_-KnK7VYB-HAGquXgXREkPnIzdHGM/edit?usp=sharing>
my proposal if anyone is interested about that.

Any ideas and suggestions are very welcomed and looking forward to working
with you all during this summer. Thank you!

Best,
Lin