[vtk-developers] GSoC Project with VTK

Brent Lessley blessley at cs.uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 27 19:15:57 EDT 2015

Dear VTK Community,

Today my Google Summer of Code project proposal for VTK was accepted.  I'm
sending this message to introduce myself to the VTK community.  Currently,
I am a 2nd-year computer science PhD student at the University of Oregon,
working under the supervision of Prof. Hank Childs.  As part of the
project, I plan to use VTK-m and data parallel primitives to implement
many-core algorithms for the problem of identifying external faces in a
mesh of cells.  The result of my work will be contributed back to VTK-m as
an open-source module.

I look forward to this experience and the opportunity to work with you this
summer.

Best,
Brent Lessley