[vtk-developers] Combining Qt 5.4.1 with vtk 6.2.0 (using CMake GUI 3.2.1) on windows

Ragnarok mat930121 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 17:45:36 EDT 2015

Hi!

I'm new to vtk and qt and want to create a project using vtk and qt.
Unfortunately, I'm stuck at the part where I have to use some plugin for qt.

I've followed this tutorial : http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Tutorials/QtSetup
and everything seems to be working. I had to add/edit entries to the
tutorial for it to work :

//added
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH = E:\Qt\Qt5.4.1\5.4\msvc2013_64 in cmake

//edited
VTK_QT_VERSION = 5

I'm stuck at the last part where it is said :
Copy QVTKWidgetPlugin.lib and QVTKWidgetPlugin.dll from C:\bin\VTK\bin\Debug
to C:\Qt\4.7.0\plugins\designer

I cannot find either the .lib or .dll file. Am I missing an important step?