[vtk-developers] Compiling VTK as a single library

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Fri Apr 24 14:56:21 EDT 2015

The only issue that I see with the code is that CMAKE_AR sound be used
directly. IIRC you should look at CMAKE_CXX_ARCHIVE_CREATE /
CMAKE_CXX_ARCHIVE_APPEND / etc. On top of that you might think about
handling if the user has enabled INTERPROCEDURAL_OPTIMIZATION which
cause the linux intel to use xiar instead of the archiver in CMAKE_AR.