[vtk-developers] vtkCaptionActor2D is not scaling the text to fit the rectangle when font size is default or 12

E. Tadeu e.tadeu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:37:45 EDT 2015

  To test it, just create a vtkCaptionActor2D and add it to a renderer.

  See example here, tested in VTK 6.2:

```
import vtk

ren = vtk.vtkRenderer()
renWin = vtk.vtkRenderWindow()
renWin.AddRenderer(ren)
iren = vtk.vtkRenderWindowInteractor()
iren.SetRenderWindow(renWin)

actor = vtk.vtkCaptionActor2D()
actor.SetCaption(u'Hello')

# # This makes it work:
# actor.GetCaptionTextProperty().SetFontSize(13)

# # This also makes it work:
# actor.GetCaptionTextProperty().Modified()

# # This doesn't make it work:
# actor.GetCaptionTextProperty().SetFontSize(12)

ren.AddActor(actor)
iren.Initialize()
iren.Start()
```

  I'm having another similar problem related to the font not being scaled
the second time it is rendered (after changing the scale), and I think it
may be related to this too.

  Any hint on what may be causing this?

  Thanks!