[vtk-developers] git minimum version

Andreas Buykx A.Buykx at tnodiana.com
Wed Apr 8 04:43:40 EDT 2015

Hi,

I tried to push my topic branch to gitlab using

git gitlab-push

and got an error

Fetching gitlab master
Fetching origin master
Pushing to gitlab
Unknown option: -c

My git version is 1.7.1 and the VTK documentation says the minimum version required is 1.6.6.

I don't know exactly in which version the -c option appeared but 1.7.1 is definitely too old. Maybe you'll want to update the VTK Git Usage page<https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/Documentation/dev/git/README.md>?

Kind regards,
Andreas
TNO DIANA BV is a limited liability company registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce as TNO DIANA BV with registered number 27252655.