[vtk-developers] coding standards & switch case label accidental fallthrough

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Apr 7 13:49:02 EDT 2015

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 13:42:51 -0400, David Cole said:

>Is there really no way to refactor and simply eliminate all the
>"intentional" fall throughs? It's a really nasty style to be allowing.
>It should be discouraged in general.

I did refactor a few, but most I left because I was scared to touch or they were pretty elegant with fall-through.  You can take a look:
 <https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/59>

I'd be in favour of the coding standards saying something like "fall-through is discouraged, but when necessary must be annotated with VTK_FALLTHROUGH".

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com