[vtk-developers] libvtkCommonCore-6.3.so build error

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Apr 6 14:05:06 EDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 10:41:02 -0700, Kevin Dean wrote:
> sorry, should have said that I set the *VTK_BINARY_DIR* to the
> *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX*

You shouldn't set VTK_BINARY_DIR manually. It is derived from where the
build tree is. I'm also going to guess that no one has ever tried
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX == VTK_BINARY_DIR ever and I wouldn't be surprised
that things don't quite work since "make install" will be overwriting
files with themselves. It certainly won't work on Windows at least.

--Ben