[vtk-developers] Command key on OS X: Ctrl or Alt?

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Thu Sep 11 16:09:59 EDT 2014

> The VTK interactors only support three modifiers (Control, Shift,
> Alt), so aliasing is unavoidable unless we ignore one of the keys
> altogether.

I'm ok with swapping it to be "same as control" instead of "same as alt"

But I must say, I am used to using the "Alt" key on my Windows keyboard
to do Mac command-key shortcuts when I'm VNC'ed into my Mac. This
change may confuse some people momentarily, and it might make it
difficult to do "Alt" stuff on a Mac from a non-Mac keyboard... but in
my opinion, it's not a big deal any way you slice it.

If you do change the behavior, just document it accordingly, perhaps
mentioning that it changed from one to the other in VTK 6.2 somewhere.