[vtk-developers] A filter that does the opposite of vtkImageDataStreamer?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 14:22:30 EDT 2014

Hi All,

This is a question about streaming in an imaging pipeline.  Sometimes
I want to stream just part of whole extent through the pipeline, but
even more often, I want to pull through the whole extent even if a
downstream request is for just a single slice.

Is there a trivial filter in VTK that, regardless of the UpdateExtent
requested, will always request the WholeExtent from upstream?
I say "trivial" because it would indeed be a trivial filter to write.
Has anyone else ever written or used such a filter?

Basically, I'm looking for an easy way to turn streaming off at
any point in my pipeline, either by inserting a "non-streaming filter"
or by telling an existing filter not to stream.

 - David