[vtk-developers] The recently introduce vtkPythonAlgorithm

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Sep 10 20:14:33 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

I wanted to do a little marketing for a class Ben Boeckel recently added to
VTK. I wrote a fairly long article on it recently:

http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/737

This class and the supporting Python classes allow one to develop
fully-functional subclasses of vtkAlgorithm purely in Python. Something we
haven't had until now.

I also wrote a who slew of articles on how to leverage the also recently
introduced numpy_support module to do a lot of thing from purely Python
without loosing efficiency. If you are interested, here is the list:

http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/user/53

I will be following these with more articles on developing sophisticated
algorithms in Python and some cool examples.

Best,
-berk