[vtk-developers] Constructing Android.mk files for ndk-build

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Oct 27 12:14:24 EDT 2014

On 10/27/2014 9:31 AM, Cameron Lowell Palmer wrote:
> Now maybe I¹m missing something here, but I need to be able to set
> breakpoints in the VES and Kiwi C++ code. As I see it this is the only
> approach that is going to get me there. However, I¹m quite willing to be
> wrong.:)
This is certainly a work in progress.  My email said that the goal would
be to enhance CMake to support what is needed.  This has not yet been
done.  Building all of VTK with android.mk files will never be a good
solution.   I don't think anyone has spent the time yet to figure out
what needs to be done to make the above work.

Also, I don't think CMake could in a general way create android.mk
files.  So, we need to figure out the best way to compromise.  Looking
at the NVIDA tegra IDE work might be a good place to start.

-Bill