[vtk-developers] Constructing Android.mk files for ndk-build

Cameron Lowell Palmer cameron.palmer at ntnu.no
Sun Oct 26 09:15:22 EDT 2014

Has anyone ever built Kiwi-VES using ndk-build and Android.mk? If so, can we share?

My current strategy is to statically compile vtk-android and roll up all the output of the vtk superbuild as a single libvtk-android.a. I’ve used GNU ar to roll up all of the .a files. Then I’ll leave our custom Kiwi and VES code as source. This will allow me to build the NDK portion in the standard Android fashion. My current obstacle is the compilation of libarchive which seems to be a requirement of our kiwi code.

If anyone is interested it would be fairly trivial to try this with unmodified VES-Kiwi and put it up on github. Just let me know.

Cameron.