[vtk-developers] Never "nothing to do" with a python-wrapped VTK build using ninja

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 15:53:05 EDT 2014

Has anybody else noticed that this rule always runs, even on a
presumably up to date build tree?

    C:\dev\repos\My Tests\VTK Win64-ninja-cl11x64-Debug> ninja
    [1/1] cmd.exe /C "cd /D "C:\dev\repos\My Tests\VTK
Win64-ninja-cl11x64-Debug\Wrapping\Python" && echo ..."

I expect to see "nothing to do", but it always runs a seemingly silly
little no-op custom command to echo "..."

Does anybody see this with other build systems, or is it just me with
my ninja build?

(Using cmake 3.0.2, by the way)

Thx,
David C.