[vtk-developers] vtkTextActor rotation

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Thu Oct 9 10:54:39 EDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM, David Cole <DLRdave at aol.com> wrote:

> I would say the text should look good and be legible when it's rendered...
>
> Would anybody here really prefer perfect backwards compatibility
> (including text illegibility) over better visualization...?

I agree, and hope most others would, too! Besides legibility, position is
the issue that could affect developers -- if anyone is using
vtkTextProperty::SetOrientation to rotate their text, my changes will push
the text around into a new location, easily breaking their code...

I've had to add switches to filters that preserve buggy/"legacy" behavior
by default, so I like to check these things before making such changes --
and more importantly, this leaves a breadcrumb in the archive for people
trying to figure out why their code broke! ;-)

Dave