[vtk-developers] VTK bug tracker hackaton logistics

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Oct 1 14:19:45 EDT 2014

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 12:32:19 -0400, David E DeMarle said:

>see "the vtk software process"
>https://docs.google.com/a/kitware.com/document/d/1nzinw-
>dR5JQRNi_gb8qwLL5PnkGMK2FETlQGLr10tZw/edit
>section 6
>
>"tabled" is something mantis keeps on putting in there for some reason I
>don't understand. Think of it as backlog.

OK, so it says one should set fixed bugs to 'closed'.  Then the submitter reopens if he disagrees I guess?  Are you sure submitters can reopen?  From what I've seen of Mantis, once set to 'closed' you need higher permission to reopen or even comment...

That doc also says "When a new bug report is made, mantis sends it off to the developer’s mailing list".  That doesn't seem to be true... perhaps it should be...?

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com