[vtk-developers] Gerrit update

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Oct 1 12:36:56 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

We are working on updating our Gerrit instance (review.source.kitware.com).
When updated, there will no longer be topic support. As many of you know,
the topic support was based on a fork we created and those changes were not
accepted by Gerrit upstream. The decision was that, for security reasons,
we need to update to a newer version of Gerrit. Our changes are too hard to
port forward so we will drop the topic support.

At the same time, we are evaluating Gitlab for potentially migrating code
review, merge management and issue tracking. At this point, it is looking
very likely that we will migrate to Gitlab or Github. So the lack of topic
support will be temporary and we will most likely switch to using pull
requests with Github/Gitlab.

I will send an update once I hear more about when the Gerrit update is
coming. The Gitlab/Github update is a longer term thing. Probably several
months.

Best,
-berk