[vtk-developers] VES on iOS

Cameron Lowell Palmer cameron.palmer at ntnu.no
Thu Nov 6 02:45:07 EST 2014

Noticed that libarchive and libcurl both have git:// URLs specified that github is no longer allowing, switching them to https fixes this issue.

libarchive will not compile, dropping out because of undefined reference AT_SYMLINK_NOFOLLOW. I assume that it has some issue with fcntl.h, but since it isn’t used on Android I disabled it and libcurl.

Furthermore, the cmake scripts only explicitly support up to iPhone 7.1 and you need to manually add-in 8 support. Is it even reasonable to have conditional minimum OS support back to 5 and earlier? I personally deleted and set the minimum to 7.

After these changes the code compiles in Xcode 6, you might want to at least disable libcurl and libarchive by default and change the CMake logic around the minimum OS version since it is certain that anything before 6 is too low.