[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] VTK/Java + rendering issue

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Fri May 23 11:38:40 EDT 2014

Hi Marco,

thanks for your feed back.

For generating the freeze I don't have any automated test, but anything
that access the pixel buffer will freeze Windows.
- Screen capture (Using VTK code)
- Rubber band type of interaction where a rectangle get drawn on top of
window.
- Volume rendering

While on other platform, it still does not work but does not affect the
application. (No freeze, no crash, just invalid rendering)

if you try to do a screen capture using VTK , that should be enough to test
the issue. I'll paste some code once, I start my windows test laptop.

1) Test was using Release and latest git master from our generated binaries.
2) Not really but I'm pretty sure I've used at some point VTK 6.2
(git/master)

Thanks,

Seb