[vtk-developers] VTK 6.10 OS X 10.9 Compiler error in freetype

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Mar 21 12:00:48 EDT 2014

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 10:50:51 -0500, Kent Williams said:

>Logged as a bug here:
>http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=14645
>
>But am I just doing something wrong? I can't believe no one has encountered
>this problem building VTK before.

I saw your post on the other list, but hoped someone else would have ideas.  None of my dashboards use Xcode 5.1 (it's problematic for me, since I use Cocoa garbage collection and they've removed it.).  But I do have a 10.9 dashboard with Xcode 5.0.2, and a 10.8 dashboard with clang svn trunk, and they don't have this issue.

Could you try with Xcode 5.0.2?  (You can have both installed at once, and switch between them with xcode-select.)

BTW: I have a branch where I'm updating freetype, but it's tricky for me with all that git crazyness...

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com