[vtk-developers] [GSoC 2014] Supporting a Visualization Grammar

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Thu Mar 20 14:02:46 EDT 2014

Marco,

Thanks for your interest. It's true that Vega is a large system. We would
be looking for proposals to tackle an initial framework that supported
rendering some subset of Vega, and yes options include leveraging charting
capabilities in VTK. I could see this being used in particular for
rendering axes, which are abstracted in both Vega and VTK.

Jeff