[vtk-developers] How to write CMakeLists.txt for a library using CUDA?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 17 13:59:13 EDT 2014

This question is really more applicable to the VTK users list, so I'm responding to there as well.

The short answer is that if you add the command "find_package(CUDA REQUIRED)" to your CMakeLists.txt, that will load the CMake code to find the CUDA install. Then you replace add_library with cuda_add_library. You also have to use a .cu extension for your C or C++ files that use CUDA instead of .c or .cxx or .cpp. The cuda_add_library will only use the requisite nvcc compiler on files with a .cu extension.

For more information, try this command prompt command: "cmake --help-module FindCUDA | less". You can also find several examples on the web.

-Ken