[vtk-developers] zlib 1.2.5 to 1.2.8 update, help needed

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Tue Mar 11 12:03:16 EDT 2014

Hi Sean,

Few years ago, we extracted the zlib from VTK to create a standalone
CMake'ified version that provide an option to choose your mangling
prefix... see https://github.com/commontk/zlib

This fork could be considered as a staging area before someone integrate
the contribution upstream.

Could you consider updating the CTK fork ? And then integrating into VTK ?

Thanks a lot
Jc

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I took a stab at updating VTK's zlib from 1.2.5 to current 1.2.8.  Turned
> out to be pretty easy.
>
> <http://review.source.kitware.com/14659>
>
> The vtk_zlib_mangle.h needs to be updated with info from all platforms.
>  Can someone on Linux and Windows give me a hand by following the
> instructions in that file to generate the symbol list on those platforms?
>
> PS: the Windows gerrit buildbot seems to be gone/broken?!
>
> Thanks,

+1 919 869 8849