[vtk-developers] My own filter has problem connecting with vtkXMLRectilinearGridWriter

Mingcheng Chen linyufly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 22:37:21 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I wrote a filter lcsFlowMap, whose output is a vtkRectilinearGrid object. I
use VTK-5.0.

When I connect the filter object's output to a vtkRectilinearGridWriter
object, it works, producing expected output. However, when I connect my
filter to a vtkXMLRectilinearGridWriter object, the output seems an empty
grid.

I am sure that my RequestData() is called and I produced a non-empty grid,
and when I use CopyStructure and CopyAttribute to get a copy of my filter's
GetOutput() and use vtkXMLRectilinearGridWriter to write it to a file. It
can produce correct result.

Could anybody please shed some light on that?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Mingcheng Chen
March 11th, 2014